Senior Oracle DBA
- Poland, Wroclaw
- 2016-06-08 18:51:39
- ID вакансії
Description, duties, responsibilities
We are building absolutely new DBA competence center in Wroclaw and looking for enthusiastic candidates ready to participate in system and database administration of infrastructure in one of the leading banks in the world.
Dedicated DBA teams will be responsible for providing timely deployment of infrastructure services and keep technology platforms fully operational and running. Work will require involvement into administration of enterprise level cloud solutions and migrating into new cloud based infrastructure. Candidate's contribution to automation of existing operational processes will be highly appreciated and valued. Candidate will need to work in multicultural environment with colleagues across the world: Switzerland, UK, USA and many others, and occasional business trips are possible to those locations.
Candidate should be ready to meet the following challenges: incredibly high volume of data, unprecedented requirements of reliability and uptime, thousands of instances of virtual servers, databases and application servers.
You will enjoy working in strong team of professionals and will be able to share your ideas with the team as well as learn new things and technologies from them.
• Work with business analysts to understand, define and document logical data models.
• Design and develop a database using Oracle RDBMS technologies.
• Designing the data flow between upstream systems and risk reporting engines
• Monitoring database performance and tuning SQL queries
• Identifying and resolving scalability issues
• Define, prepare and implements data validation and unit testing to ensure data quality.
• Implement bug fixes when required
• Enforce standards and best practices
• Extensive knowledge and experience of Oracle database administration ideally within the banking/financial industry;
• Experience and knowledge of the following RDBMS technologies:
• Oracle RDBMS 10g - 11g
• Oracle Dataguard
• Oracle RMAN
• Oracle RAC
• A good working knowledge of Solaris and Redhat Linux;
• Excellent database performance tuning skills and SQL code tuning skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication and English language skills;
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process;
• Ability to work and remain calm in a high pressure environment;
• Good team working skills but equally has to be capable of working alone.
Nice to have:
• Experience of working with Exadata;
• Good working knowledge of Goldengate replication;
• Any additional RDBMS knowledge (e.g. MSSQL, Sybase).